2020 Reading Challenge Categories
Hello and welcome to the Third Annual While I Was Reading Challenge!
All you have to do is read, no other participation is required. If you start and don’t finish, that’s okay. And if you want to interact with me and other readers, I’ve got some ways for you to do that at the end of this post.
I put a lot of thought into this list after listening to feedback from previous years’ participants. My goal is to create categories that are challenging and personalized, yet not too difficult as to be extremely limiting or frustrating. I stuck with 12 categories to keep it realistic and accessible to people with less reading time than myself!
So here we go…..
2020 While I Was Reading Challenge Categories
- A book with an emotion in the title
- A young adult novel
- A book translated from another language
- A book that’s centered around a holiday
- A novel based on a true story
- A book with song lyrics in the title
- A book that’s been on your shelf for more than a year
- A book with a non-human narrator
- A book with a month in the title
- A book you heard about on TV/Radio/a podcast
- A book set in the state you live in
- A romance novel
You can get a printable list of this year’s categories here.
I can’t wait to hear from everyone who is planning to participate in 2020! I had planned to send out a monthly newsletter this year, but life got in the way so that’s my biggest goal for 2020. I’ll be in touch with category suggestions, and other reading related tips, and recommendations.
**And if you’re still working on the 2019 challenge, remember to send me your completed list no later than December 31, 2019. Everyone who submits a list will be entered in a drawing to win an Amazon gift card – That will give you a head start on buying titles for 2020!