Five Things Friday September 4, 2020
Hello and happy Labor Day weekend. I can’t believe it’s September already!
Here’s what I’ve been up this this week!
Something that made me happy this week.
I got a late birthday gift from my friend Lisa. It was supposed to arrive on my actual birthday but never did and was marked as “missing” by Amazon. Then all of a sudden it showed up, and it’s perfect for my office.
Something I read this week
This week I read Member’s Only by Sameer Pandya, a work of literary fiction that I highly recommend. It’s a timely read that gives a less common take on race and class in America. It’s an important story that demonstrates how things aren’t always as straightforward as they seem.
Something I did offline this week.
I gave my big dog his last short haircut of the summer. This is before and after.
Some things I’m grateful for this week.
- My health insurance.
- A friend lent me a trainer for my road bike so I can do spin indoors.
- Finding books for free on FaceBook Marketplace
Some things I’m looking forward to.
- Cool temperatures in the forecast for next week.
- My fantasy football draft coming up this weekend.
- Watching the Flyers play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Now tell me something that made you happy this week!