While I Was Reading 2023 Challenge Categories
Hello and welcome to the sixth annual While I Was Reading Challenge!
I’m a month later than usual with posting the categories and that’s because of the hiatus I took for the fall. But even though I wasn’t posting, I spent lots of time thinking about next year’s challenge and I hope you like what I came up with.
My goal is to create categories that are challenging and personalized, yet not too difficult as to be extremely limiting or frustrating. I stuck with 12 categories to keep it realistic and accessible to people with less reading time than myself!
All you have to do is read, no other participation is required. If you start and don’t finish, that’s okay. And if you want to interact with me and other readers, I’ve got some ways for you to do that at the end of this post.
I don’t want to make you wait any longer, so here you go…
2023 Reading Challenge Categories
- A book with a protagonist over 40.
- A book considered a classic.
- A graphic novel.
- A book that has been banned or challenged.
- A book set in a place on your bucket list.
- A book published before you were born.
- A book related to a goal you have for 2023.
- A book by an author of color.
- A book with a clever title.
- A book by a famous author you’ve never read
- A non-fiction book about a topic you love.
- A novella.
You can get a printable list of the categories here.
I can’t wait to hear from everyone who is planning to participate in 2023! The last couple years have been difficult and I dropped the ball on my newsletter. I’m not sure I’ll get to it this year either, to be honest!
**If you’re still working on the 2022 challenge, remember to send me your completed list no later than December 31, 2022.( Email it to Ramona@RamonaMead.com)Everyone who submits a list will be entered in a drawing to win an Amazon gift card – That will give you a head start on buying titles for 2023!