While I Was Reading Challenge 2019 Categories
Before I get to the good stuff, I need to say a humongous thank you to everyone out there who has supported, encouraged, and contributed to my blog this year.
When I first considered hosting a reading challenge, I was floored by the enthusiasm the idea received. Throughout this year, I have been repeatedly amazed by the people who have participated with such enthusiasm. I’ve received a ton of positive feedback, constructive suggestions, and inquiries about whether I would host another challenge next year.
I wasn’t sure I would until I polled our Facebook group and received nearly unanimous yeses.
I know you’re all chomping at the bit to learn the 2019 categories, so here you go….
- A book with a curse word in the title.
- A memoir or biography of a favorite celebrity.
- An essay collection.
- A book with a one word title.
- A classic you’ve been meaning to get to.
- A book written by a comedian.
- A book set in a country you’d like to visit.
- A book by an author you’ve never read before.
- A book recommended by someone you trust.
- A book with your favorite animal on the cover or in the title.
- A book mentioned in another book.
- Read a book with “how to” in the title.
I put a great deal of thought into this list after listening to feedback from this year’s participants. My goal is to create categories that are challenging and personalized, yet not too difficult as to be extremely limiting or frustrating. I stuck with 12 categories to keep it realistic and accessible to people with less reading time than myself!
If you’d like participate in the challenge, feel free let me know by commenting on this post! There’s no additional participation required besides reading
You can download a printable list of the challenge categories here.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the 2019 challenge Categories, and interacting throughout the year as we discover more wonderful books together