Five Things Friday August 14, 2020
Here’s what I’ve been up this this week!
Something that made me happy this week.
Using a wedding photo as a prop for a Instagram post. The challenge was to create a book stack including something old, new, borrowed, and blue.
Something I read this week.
I listened to the audiobook of Find a Way by Diana Nyad, read by the author. Diana was 64 when she swam solo from Cuba to Florida. This was her fourth attempt. I’ve always found her interesting and inspiring. Her memoir is a little slow, but definitely worth the read. There’s some fascinating info in there about ocean swimming, and her message is truly inspirational.
Something I did offline this week.
Once my sutures were out from my recent hand surgery, I was able to hold the dog leash again! I took my little guy to the pond in our neighborhood on a few afternoons this week. He’s not a huge fan of water but he’ll much around in there when he’s hot!
Some things I’m grateful for this week.
- My stitches are out and my hand is healing
- Arnica salve is helping my post-surgery bruises heal
- My extended family
- Hearing from friends that I’m missed
- Our garden is producing well
Some things I’m looking forward to.
- Working on a 100 word essay to submit to a contest.
- Making pickles with cucumbers from our garden.
- Getting the shed finished that we’re building in our back yard.
Tell me a thing or two that made you happy this week!
Leave a Reply