Holiday Blogger Q & A
- Real tree or fake tree? True confession time, I don’t really like having a Christmas tree! I prefer a real one, although they make such a mess. Either way it seems like a ton of work to take it all down again in a few weeks. But these are the things we do for the people we love, right?
2. Favorite Christmas cookies? I love good old fashioned chocolate chip cookies. My favorite holiday treat is homemade Peppermint Bark, but I have no interest in making it so I don’t always encounter that every year.
3. Home on Christmas morning or travel? I’m usually at my in-laws for the Christmas holiday, we arrive in time to attend Christmas Eve service at their church so there’s no traveling on Christmas Day.
4. Clear or colored lights? Colored and old school style!
5. Send Christmas cards? Yep. The past few years I’ve been making/ordering through Shutterfly and have been super happy with the results.
6. Favorite Christmas present received? Boy that’s a tough one. The first thing I think of is the year I got a Chubbles from Santa Claus, which was probably 1986! And yes, I still have it!
7. Favorite Christmas present given? Oh geez, that’s even tougher than the last question! I love gifting books and gifts customized with photos, like calendars and journals (also from Shutterfly.)
8. Stockings or no stockings? My mom filled one for me up until a few years ago but my husband and I don’t do them for each other, or in his family.
9. Christmas PJs? I don’t have any but I love PJ sets and really would like a pair eventually!
10. Favorite Christmas Carol? Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee version only
11. Favorite holiday tradition? Driving around to look at Christmas lights.
12. Early shopper or last minute? I usually do some of both!
13. Favorite Christmas movie or show? Elf and A Charlie Brown Christmas
14. Favorite Holiday beverage? Eggnog
15. Cookies and milk for Santa? I loved doing it when I was a kid.
What do you think of my answers? As a self proclaimed “Not a Christmas Person,” I was surprised at how easily they all came to me!