While I was Reading 2022 Challenge Categories
Hello and welcome to the fifth annual While I Was Reading Challenge!
I know this is the time of year when my readers get excited about the new categories, so that inspires me to get creative and make a new list!
My goal is to create categories that are challenging and personalized, yet not too difficult as to be extremely limiting or frustrating. I stuck with 12 categories to keep it realistic and accessible to people with less reading time than myself!
All you have to do is read, no other participation is required. If you start and don’t finish, that’s okay. And if you want to interact with me and other readers, I’ve got some ways for you to do that at the end of this post.
I don’t want to make you wait any longer, so here you go…
2022 Reading Challenge Categories
- A book with a question in the title.
- A book of non-violent true crime.
- A book with a cover you don’t like.
- A historical fiction novel not set in Europe.
- A book with a character’s name in the title.
- A book featuring paranormal activity (fiction or non.)
- A book with a number in the title.
- A food related memoir.
- A book that’s won an award.
- A middle grade novel.
- A book by an author who shares your zodiac sign.
- A book that’s a combination of genres.
You can get a printable list of the categories here.
I can’t wait to hear from everyone who is planning to participate in 2022! The last couple years have been difficult and I dropped the ball on my newsletter. One of my top goals for 2022 is to get to it regularly, so I’ll be in touch with category suggestions, and other reading related tips, and recommendations.
**If you’re still working on the 2021 challenge, remember to send me your completed list no later than December 31, 2021.( Email it to Ramona@RamonaMead.com)Everyone who submits a list will be entered in a drawing to win an Amazon gift card – That will give you a head start on buying titles for 2022!